Health Choice Preferred is a physician-led, professionally managed, non-exclusive accountable care organization (ACO) focused on delivering value-based, patient-centered, integrated healthcare services.
Key initiatives include:
- Integrating clinical, care management, claims, and socio-demographic data to understand and manage population health
- Aligning the interests of patients, providers, hospitals, and health plans
- Offering providers practice, contracting, and network support
- Providing exceptional care and improving practice and patient experience
- Creating interactive care plans and tracking patient progress between visits
- Utilizing and coordinating innovative health information technology
- Efficiently reducing the costs of healthcare
Measures of Success
Health Choice Preferred constantly assesses its own performance and operations. The network leverages quality care measures defined by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS).
Additional quality performance standards are mandated by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. The network also utilizes surveys, assessments, and report cards to ensure that all care management standards and benchmarks are met or exceeded.
Health Choice Preferred’s ACO networks in Arizona and Utah are 50/50 joint ventures between IASIS Healthcare and provider networks comprised of both employed and affiliated physicians, health systems, and professionals.
IASIS Healthcare, located in Franklin, Tennessee, is a leading provider and manager of high quality, high value healthcare services in urban and suburban markets. IASIS owns and operates 16 acute care hospitals, one behavioral health hospital and multiple other access points, including 132 physician clinics, multiple outpatient surgical units and imaging centers, and has investments in urgent care centers and on-site employer-based clinics. IASIS’ healthcare facilities offer a variety of access points for convenient patient care in numerous regions across the U.S., including: Salt Lake City, Utah; Phoenix, Arizona; five cities in Texas, including Houston and San Antonio; and West Monroe, Louisiana. In total, IASIS has more than 3,600 licensed beds and employs more than 13,000 dedicated professionals.